Before I say another word, let me just disclose that I am a huge fan of stainless steel pots. I have had my Calphalon tri-ply stainless set for more than five years now and the pots gleam. I have them out hanging on a pot rack; I could have never done that with my old non-stick or anodized steel pots. Stainless steel pots with a layer of aluminum inside (like my set and this set) also cook foods more evenly, and you can use them safely in the oven. They clean up beautifully in the dishwasher. I think it really pays to invest in a set of good, name brand, stainless steel cookware.
That said, this 7-piece set (which is essentially four pots) from Cuisinart is priced at a major steal, $83, on Amazon. I compared prices with my usual go-to cookware store, Kohl's, and this identical set goes on Kohl's for $120, so even with stacked Kohl's coupons, the Amazon price (surprisingly) beats it by nearly 30%. Every now and then, I'll find a real shocker bargain on Amazon.
If you want this set, hurry, because Amazon prices change on a dime. I'm seriously considering this set for my Passover dairy pots; my old (cheapola) set has definitely seen better days.
Click here to purchase this beautiful Cuisinart stainless steel cookware set.
- Set includes 1-1/2-, 3-quart saucepan; 8-quart stockpot; 10-inch skillet--all with lids
- Cookware and lids constructed of mirror-polished 18/10 stainless steel
- Aluminum encapsulated in base ensures quick, even heating
- Stay-cool stainless-steel handles; dripless rims on lids
- Oven-safe up to 550 degrees F; limited lifetime warranty