Can you see this happening?
You buy a gallon of Valspar paint, in say, Bayside green, and start to paint your bathroom, when you realize that it looks like a tube of Aquafresh threw up on your wall. Major color disaster. (Been there. Done that.) Are you stuck with it? Nah. It's on Valspar. Here's how to get a rebate on your color mistake:
- You bought the wrong color of a gallon of Valspar paint from Lowe's between 4/4/12 and 10/8/12. You realize that it's the wrong color because you've already painted part of a wall.
- Don't return the paint to Lowe's. Buy a new gallon in the color that you actually want to use. Make sure to keep BOTH receipts.
- Start to repaint, but don't finish. Leave some of the "mistake paint" up on the wall.
- Take a picture of the wall showing both colors.
- Complete and print the rebate request form here to apply for a rebate on the purchase price of the wrong color.
- Mail in the rebate form, receipt and photo of your motley wall.
- Check your rebate status here.
Awesome. More info is here, and terms of the offer are here.