Remember this commercial back here for Goldie Blox toys? Goldie Blox describes themselves as Toys for Future Innovators:
At GoldieBlox, our goal is to get girls building. We’re here to help level the playing field in every sense of the phrase. By tapping into girls' strong verbal skills, our story + construction set bolsters confidence in spatial skills while giving young inventors the tools they need to build and create amazing things. In a world where men largely outnumber women in science, technology, engineering and math...and girls lose interest in these subjects as early as age 8, GoldieBlox is determined to change the equation. Construction toys develop an early interest in these subjects, but for over a hundred years, they've been considered "boys' toys". By designing a construction toy from the female perspective, we aim to disrupt the pink aisle and inspire the future generation of female engineers. We believe there are a million girls out there who are engineers. They just might not know it yet. We think GoldieBlox can show them the way.I've been tracking the popular Goldie Blox toys for several months now, and I haven't seen too much in the way of price fluctuations, but Goldie Blox and the Parade Float just dropped to its lowest price ever on Amazon, $19.99 with free Prime/SuperSaver shipping.
- A book series plus construction set introducing Ruby, Goldie's best friend and 'princess-turned-engineer.'
- Builds spatial skills, engineering principles and confidence in problem-solving.
- Comes equipped with 9 design ideas, a DIY project and unlimited building possibilities.
- Compatible with all other GoldieBlox toys.
- 34 Building pieces + Parade Float story book.